American Express® GlobalTravel Card
Written by Anthony Voigt
Pre Load an American Express GlobalTravel Card for convenience, peace of mind and security. Available in US Dollars, British Pounds or Euros and accepted at millions of locations globally, the American Express GlobalTravel Card is the essential travel companion.
- Easy to use as a credit card - all you need is your signature for merchants and your PIN for ATMs.
- Reload (add funds) at your own pace and convenience. Simply visit the branch where you purchased your Card or do it via BPAY®.
- Use the Card overseas at millions of locations where American Express Cards are accepted** (merchants and ATMs). You can even use it for online purchases.
- Check your balance online or over the phone wherever you are, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is a useful budgeting tool, as you only spend what you have loaded onto the Card.
- The Card has no inactivity fees to worry about. Leave your funds on the Card as long as you please and they will still be there in full the next time you want to use them.
- The available funds on your Card are valid for life.
- Lock in the exchange rate when you load or reload funds onto the Card. That way you don’t have to worry about exchange rate fluctuations while using your card overseas.
- Enjoy special merchant offers around the globe for American Express Cardmembers through the American Express Selects™ program. So, before you step out in a new town, check americanexpress.com.au/selects for a list of places that offer discounts and special promotions.
Peace of Mind
- The Card is replaceable if lost or stolen, so your money is always safe.
- You can report the Card has been lost or stolen by calling Customer Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, within Australia or via toll free local access numbers when travelling.
- We issue a Backup Card at time of purchase – minimizing inconvenience or delay if your Primary Card is lost or stolen.
- We offer Card replacement or emergency funds access, at no additional cost to you, if both your Primary and Backup Cards are lost or stolen.
- As the Card is not linked to a bank account, it helps protect you against identity theft or fraud.
Unique Global Assist® Services
With just a phone call away, our Global Assist Services are always there to assist you - from lost luggage assistance to doctors who speak your language, or simply to find out more information before your trip. When you travel, we are always at your side to provide emergency assistance such as lost passport replacement or emergency legal or medical referrals.
** You will not be able to use your American Express GlobalTravel Card in Australia and certain other countries where Australian or United States sanctions apply.
A Disclosure Document will be provided where American Express GlobalTravel Cards are sold and are available upon request. You should request an American Express Financial Services Guide and consider the appropriateness of American Express GlobalTravel Cards in relation to your individual requirements.
American Express GlobalTravel Card is issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. Incorporated with limited liability in New York, USA. ® Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
The general financial advice contained in this information is provided by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208) AFS License No. 237996